- Amazon shareholders will stage an unprecedented vote on Wednesday on whether to stop the company from selling its facial recognition technology to government agencies.
- Activist shareholders are concerned that the technology, known as Rekognition, will be used for surveillance and has been found to produce inaccurate results...
Articles from Jake Kanter1-3 of 3
1-3 of 3
Read Full Article
Read Full Article
- Four powerful institutional Facebook investors have co-filed a shareholder proposal calling for Mark Zuckerberg's dual role as CEO and chairman to be split.
- The proposal was originally filed by activist investor Trillium Asset Management and revealed by Business Insider in July after Facebook's brutal second quarter earnings...
Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman to Exit with a $72 Million Payoff as the Bitter Wrangle over Sumner Redstone's Media Empire Reaches a ConclusionRead Full Article
The bitter wrangle for control over 93-year-old billionaire Sumner Redstone’s $40 billion media empire has reached a conclusion, according to several media reports.
At the centre of the battle were Redstone’s daughter, Shari, and Philippe Dauman, the chief executive of Viacom — and it appears that Shari has emerged victorious...Mentions: CEO
Topics in the News
- (3 articles) CEO
- (2 articles) Board of Directors
- (1 articles) Facebook
- (1 articles) Congress
- (1 articles) Management
- (1 articles) Investors
- (1 articles) technology
- (1 articles) crisis
- (1 articles) human rights
- (1 articles) shareholder revolt
- (1 articles) Tom Barrack
- (1 articles) Catherine M. Engelbert
- (1 articles) Erica Rogers
- (1 articles) Stacey Goff
- (1 articles) Roche Holding Ltd
- (1 articles) McDonald's Corporation
- (1 articles) Owens & Minor, Inc.
- (1 articles) Origin Bancorp, Inc.
- (1 articles) Colony Credit
- (1 articles) Board of Directors
Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman to Exit with a $72 Million Payoff as the Bitter Wrangle over Sumner Redstone's Media Empire Reaches a Conclusion
Powerful Facebook Investors Just Co-Filed a Proposal to Take Down Mark Zuckerberg as Chairman
Inside Amazon's Battle to Kill an Unprecedented Shareholder Revolt Over Facial Recognition