Cloudflare, a security startup that protects websites from attacks and helps pages load quickly, set a price range for its upcoming IPO, which could value the San Francisco company as high as $3.5 billion...
Articles from Becky Peterson1-11 of 11
1-11 of 11
Read Full Article
Uber's First Employee and one of Travis Kalanick's Last Allies has left the Company's Board just 2 weeks after IPORead Full Article
- Ryan Graves, Uber employee number 1 and its former CEO, is leaving Uber's board of directors, the company said in a filing Friday.
- It's unclear why Graves is leaving the board. The company said in its filing that the departure is not related to any disagreements.
- Graves' resignation comes just two weeks after Uber went public. Graves' personal stake in the company is valued around $1.4 billion...
Uber Wanted to IPO with a $120 Billion Valuation But Ran Into Trouble When Some of its Biggest Shareholders Held Out for a Lower PriceRead Full Article
- Uber wanted to go public with the $120 billion valuation pitched by bankers at Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs ahead of its initial public offering, but the company ultimately listed with a $75.5 billion market cap.
- One reason is that institutional investors, many who privately owned Uber stock, didn't want to buy more shares at the higher price, according to The New York Times...
Pinterest’s IPO Structure Could Give CEO Ben Silbermann the Right to Control the Company from Beyond the GraveRead Full Article
- Pinterest's S-1, publicly filed on Friday, revealed a unique share structure.
- The company has dual-class shares, which give some shareholders, like founding CEO Ben Silbermann, greater voting powers than other investors.
- But the structure also gives Silbermann's estate the ability to retain its extra voting superpowers for between 90 days and 540 days after his death.
Silicon Valley's power players are already preparing for the grim spectre of mortality...
Read Full Article
- Zoom, the $1 billion video conferencing startup, publicly filed for an IPO on Friday.
- The company didn't price its upcoming IPO, but indicated in the filing that it will list on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol "ZM."
- The company is profitable, and grew revenue 118% in fiscal 2019.
- Zoom was last privately valued at $1 billion or more...
Uber, Lyft, China and More — Top Tech Investment Bankers Share Their Biggest Hopes and Fears for IPOs in 2019Read Full Article
- Market volatility at the end of 2018 put a pause on the IPO pipeline, but tech investment bankers expect the deals to flow at the turn of the calendar year.
- With a long list of marquee names like Uber and Lyft, IPOs in 2019 could set new records in terms of valuation and exits for Silicon Valley venture capitalists.
- But VCs aren't the only ones set to win. Bankers expect to see private equity firms try their hands at tapping the public markets, as well...
Read Full Article
- Airbnb, which is poised to go public in the second half of 2019, has a new chief financial officer.
- Dave Stephenson joined Airbnb after 17 years at Amazon.
- He replaces Laurence Tosi, who left the CFO role in February after reportedly disagreeing with CEO Brian Chesky over the future of the company.
Airbnb has a new chief financial officer, the company announced Monday...
Thoma Bravo, Apttus's New Owner, Turns to Damage Control with Partners like Salesforce and Faces Questions Over an Exec’s $26 Million 'Parachute Package'Read Full Article
- Apttus is scrambling to calm employees and partners following allegations of misconduct by its former CEO.
- David Murphy, the chairman and interim CEO, told staff on Monday that he had to address the concerns with people like Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff.
- But now employees have a new concern: a potential parachute package worth $26.5 million for Apttus' chief operating officer, who is himself a contentious figure at the company...
Oracle only grew 1% last quarter, and Wall Street is starting to question whether management is up to the job (ORCL)Read Full Article
- Wall Street analysts had a bone to pick with Oracle in notes to their clients published Tuesday, following mixed results in Oracle's first quarter FY2019 earnings on Monday.
- Goldman Sachs lowered its price target for the database giant, while others questioned whether management is up to the task of reigniting growth.
- Oracle reported revenue growth of just 1% year-over-year, leaving some on Wall Street feeling that transformation at the company "continues to take longer than hoped."...
Read Full Article
- Paul Jacobs, the recent chairman of Qualcomm is looking to buyout the company, according to the Financial Times.
- This news comes four days after President Trump blocked Qualcomm's acquisition by Broadcom on the grounds of national security. Broadcom officially withdrew its offer on Wednesday.
- Jacobs has spoken with several global investors about acquiring the company, including SoftBank...
Read Full Article
- Analysts at Morgan Stanley warned in a note Monday that a reverse merger between Dell and VMware is a "worst case scenario" for VMware shareholders.
- Analysts said a merger could devalue VMware by as much as $28 billion. This also leads them to believe that a merger is unlikely, according to the note.
- VMware confirmed in early February that Dell is considering a reverse merger with the publicly-traded company, as a means of going public itself...
Topics in the News
- (8 articles) IPO
- (6 articles) MDC Partners
- (6 articles) Board of Directors
- (5 articles) Uber
- (5 articles) Wall Street
- (3 articles) Goldman Sachs
- (3 articles) Pinterest
- (3 articles) Morgan Stanley
- (3 articles) Management
- (3 articles) Investors
- (2 articles) Board of Directors
- (1 articles) CFO
- (1 articles) Greg Macfarlane
- (1 articles) Patrick Pichette
- (1 articles) Fee Gentry
- (1 articles) Nasdaq
- (1 articles) Google
- (1 articles) Twitter
- (1 articles) eXp World Holdings, Inc.
Thoma Bravo, Apttus's New Owner, Turns to Damage Control with Partners like Salesforce and Faces Questions Over an Exec’s $26 Million 'Parachute Package'
Qualcomm's Ex-Chairman is Trying to Buy the Company with Help From Investors at SoftBank
A Dell and VMware Merger is a 'Worst Case Scenario' for Shareholders
Uber, Lyft, China and More — Top Tech Investment Bankers Share Their Biggest Hopes and Fears for IPOs in 2019
Oracle only grew 1% last quarter, and Wall Street is starting to question whether management is up to the job (ORCL)
Airbnb Poaches Amazon Exec as its New CFO as the $31 Billion Startup Preps for IPO
Uber's First Employee and one of Travis Kalanick's Last Allies has left the Company's Board just 2 weeks after IPO
Uber Wanted to IPO with a $120 Billion Valuation But Ran Into Trouble When Some of its Biggest Shareholders Held Out for a Lower Price
Pinterest’s IPO Structure Could Give CEO Ben Silbermann the Right to Control the Company from Beyond the Grave
Hot Video Meeting Startup Zoom Filed to Go Public, and it's Profitable